For this Springmill master bath project in Indianapolis, our clients asked for their dated space to be redesigned and replaced with something more luxurious and spa-like.
Designers Tom Vriesman and Chip Kalleen answered their needs with a plan that called for an extraordinary level of care, planning, and craftsmanship. WrightWorks won a 2010 NARI Regional Contractor of the Year Award for the project.
Well Crafted Luxury
The clients started the renovation to gain a more spacious master bath, with finishes that complimented the materials and craftsmanship in rest of their home. As a woodworker and craftsman himself, the homeowner’s expectations for our work were very high.
Nearly every option and feature imaginable for a bathroom was included in this project, and a great deal of precise craftsmanship went into making it a reality. Every element and feature is seamlessly blended and aligned within the space.
The vanities were made to precisely meet the cherry entry pocket door casing and the tall storage cabinet was built to the exact height of the shower wall beside it. Every element of the shower was built to fit the whole piece layout of the Ann Sacks glass mosaic tile, and the vanity wall tile stops precisely, without cuts, at the top of the pocket door casing as well.
Luxury Master Bath Project Overview
- Remove bulkheads and an 8’ ceiling to open up and enhance the volume of the space
- Relocate the bedroom/bath partition wall to add 18” to the width of the room
- Remove two small skylights and install one larger, powered skylight
- Build a new spa shower, and replace the existing casement window with glass block
- Install new 8’ pocket doors to the bedroom and closet, with white laminate glass and Hafele concealed track hardware
- Fabricate two cherry vanities and a tall storage cabinet. Also build custom closet storage cabinets in cherry
Master Bath Finishes and Features
- Ann Sacks Lake Garda glass mosaic wall tile
- Walker-Zanger multi-color slate floor in 12″x12″ format, re-sawn for the shower floor to 4″x4″
- Hansgrohe Axor Citterio two station spa shower with body sprays, rain shower, standard shower and hand spray
- Fleurco Kinetik sliding shower door
- Custom “his and her” vanities and tall storage cabinet in quarter-sawn cherry
- Mitered granite counters
- Custom cherry in-wall medicine cabinets, and magazine storage
- Lighted mirrors at each vanity, and lighted magnifying mirror
- White laminate glass pocket doors with Hafele track hardware
- Heated towel bar
- Under-tile electric heated floor
- Powered Velux skylight with cherry box jamb
- Bruck pendant lights at each vanity and over toilet
- Toto Washlet Toilet