This kitchen expansion project was featured in Indianapolis Monthly’s Home Magazine.
Design by MWHarris
The original cabinetry in this home was a simple laminate, and the floor plan was a much more divided space, with a knee wall and peninsula separating the living room from the kitchen. In addition to upgrading cabinets and appliances, we removed an “L” wall section and installed a large support beam to support the second floor over the kitchen. This opened the kitchen completely to an adjacent living room, and created enough room for two large islands.
Springmill, Indianapolis Kitchen Remodel Features
- Mahogany and painted cabinetry by Neff, in a gloss finish
- Granite island counters, with stainless steel perimeter counters
- Faucet by Blanco
- Matching fireplace paneling and granite in adjacent living room
- White oak hardwood floors with a cherry border framing the two islands
- Bisazza glass mosaic backsplash tile in a custom blend
- Dacor double ovens, Sharp drawer microwave, and Jade built-in refrigerator